Setting Up a Home Office with Productivity and Comfort in Mind
Recently started working from home? Been working from home for a while? Here are some questions to ask yourself to create a personalized at-home office that is not only productive, but comfortable too.
· Do you have everything you need in close proximity to you? eg. printer, chargers, pens, paper, phone, snacks, etc.
· Are there items around you that are distracting or not needed and taking up valuable desk space?
· What is on the wall in front of you?
· What is behind you that your colleagues may see on online calls?
· Have you set up your desk ergonomically?
· Is your chair comfortable?
· Is there access to outlets?
· How is your desk oriented? eg. Will the sun be in your eyes?
· Do you have a garbage can or recycling bin nearby?
· Can you shut a door for privacy?
· Do you have a ‘To Do’ list for each day?
· Is the work space quiet?
· Do you want it accessible to your pets?
· Are you surrounded by some of your favourite photos, decor, quotes?
· Is there natural lighting?
· Are plants something you would enjoy in your space?
· Would you want a tea or coffee warmer?
· Do you need a water bottle?
· Do your house members know your schedule and parameters around interruptions etc.
· Is there a strong Wi-Fi connection in your work space?
· Is the area cool or warm? eg. Do you need an extra sweater in your office?
· Do you have scheduled work hours with breaks incorporated into it?
· Do you have a plan to encourage work/life balance?
Your at-home office should be a place where you feel calm, motivated, and prepared. If you’re, not feeling that way, connect with me and we will create an effective work space together.